Friday, November 13, 2009

B's OT Journal Nov 12th 2009

After his appointment with the psychiatrist we went shopping. He asked for a book. I told him I would only buy age appropriate books. He has a tendency toward books for children much younger than himself. He chose such a book and I refused to purchase it. He became angry and refused to move from in front of the cart. I quietly removed him from my path and headed for the checkout where he asked for a treat. I told him his behavior didn't merit a treat so he wouln't be receiving one. This upset him. He began to ask if he was in trouble. I explained that he was not, but I was not going to fall for his manipulation of the situation. He continued with the "Am I in trouble." thing for quite some  time. Finally I said no, but you are very stubborn. This outraged him and he called me a liar. I ignored him and the whole thing just blew over.

After therapy, B finsished his homework with no trouble. We went out for a nice dinner with ice cream afterward. He was in bed by 8:30 after taking his meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment