Monday, November 2, 2009

Journal entry # 1 for OT Nov. 2, 2009

B. woke up at 3am this morning for the day after going to bed last night at 7:30. He woke us up, but we went back to sleep and did not wake again until 6am. He wanted us to make hashbrowns and had already had cereal and who knows what else. The hashbrowns were spilled on the floor. He was angry that we wouldn't make them. His mood over all was anxious and out of sorts. He cut into a sealed package with a serrated knife. He kept refusing to get dressed for school. When I told him 3 or 4 times to get dressed he accused me of yelling at him and not loving him. He said  I wanted him to go back to the hospital. That I was happier when he was there.

Finally we are out the door for school. He wants donuts. He is in the backseat crying and screaming at me saying, "I want to be a better boy, but I can't help the way I act. Why did God make me this way?" I quietly explained to him he was not a bad boy and he could help the way he behaved. I told him he had to make the right choices regarding his behavior. I said it was not right for him to yell and scream and say mean things to me and he had complete control over that. He just had to make the right choice. I got him something from the donut shop and everything was fine. He apologized for his behavior.

I spoke with one of the teacher's assistants at his school this morning. Her grandson is in his class. He and my son have become friends. She relayed to me that her daughter was interested in meeting me and getting them together outside of school. I think this would be a great benefit for my son.

This afternoon on our way to my daughter's tennis lesson he screamed really loud in the car for no apparent reason. He wasn't angry, it was all in fun. I explained to him how inappropriate it was and how it could cause me to have an accident. He said he was sorry.

Later this evening we went out didn't return until 8:30. He immediately went to bed upon returning home.  Hopefully this late night will keep him in bed till a decent hour tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment