Friday, November 6, 2009

Journal entry #5 for OT Nov.6th

B awoke early and in good spirits - a little hyper. I dropped him off at school.

I had to pick B up from school early today. I got a call from his teacher. She said he refused to take his lunch time meds and would not complete his math assignment. He was given the choice of completeing the assignment at recess or call me to pick up and coming home with no television, video games, etc..He would not verbally agree to anything but circled the choice of me picking him up.

When I arrived he was tearful. When I asked what was wrong he said he didn't know. It all came down to the fact that he didnn't want to do his math during recess and was angry about it. His teacher and I explained that he'd made the choice had to accept the consequences. He then started to cry and say no one at the school liked him. He changed that to a particular student. We calmed him down and he took his medication. The teacher gave me additional work for him to do as well to keep him occupied for the rest of the day.

Upon arriving home he started to tantrum and ran away from me. He locked the door to his room so I was unable to get to him. My husband had to come home and unlock the door. He was angry with me for enforcing the consequences of his behavior and lashed out at me. I tried to explain his behaving in this manor would only result in more discipline. My husband was able to calm him down and get him started on his work. He completed 6 pages in the workbook sent home. At the moment he is fine. The math is waiting until my husband can help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment